Mushroom Stroganoff with Roasted Buckwheat Groats
Creamy mushroom stroganoff atop fluffy roasted buckwheat groats.
- cutting board
- 1 cup roasted buckwheat groats
- 1 lbs mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Prepare the ingredients: slice the mushrooms, dice shallot, rosemary leaves, garlic and parsley.
- Rinse roasted buckwheat groats. Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil on high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the pot with a lid and cook until all water is evaporated, for about 10 minutes.
- In a pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter on medium heat. Add dice shallot and cook until softened, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for another minute, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add the liquid ingredients: stock, wine, heavy cream and the balsamic vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and mix in the flour. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened, for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the roasted buckwheat groats and top with the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.