Roasted Buckwheat Groats
Easiest way to make roasted buckwheat groats.
- 1 cup roasted buckwheat groats
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee (optional)
- In the pot, rinse the groats under cold water until water runs clear.
- Add 1 cup of water to buckwheat and add a pinch of salt.
- On high heat, bring the water with buckwheat to boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until all water evaporated. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Fluff the buckwheat with a fork and add butter or ghee for a richer flavor. The groats should be soft, but not falling apart.
- Serve as a side dish or enjoy it on it's own!